Thursday, March 12, 2009

Paris Part I

Last week was spring break here in Perugia. I went to Paris and Barcelona, but first I had to get through midterms. Luckily I only had three, as there was no midterm for my photography class, and I feel I did well them.

For spring break I went to Paris first. All my flights for spring break were booked with budget airlines, which usually means having to travel a bit outside of your destination city in return for much cheaper flights, but luckily my first flight flew out of Rome’s main airport and into Paris’s main airport, so that portion of the traveling experience was a bit easier. Unfortunately we missed one of our connecting trains on our way to Rome because the train we were on arrived quite a bit late, but luckily there was another train leaving a few minutes after we arrived. I had forgotten how enjoyable of a city Paris is to be in. The temperature was much more pleasant this time around. Instead of being 20 degrees with wind chill, it was a breezy 60. This made walking around the city much easier, and walking was definitely in order considering all we ate was bread and croissants (shockingly it’s rather hard to find a reasonable place to eat in Paris, but I’m not going to complain considering how magnificent the bread and pastries were).

4 comments:

  1. A diet full of pastries, bread, and croissants... I think I can enjoy that for a couple of days!
    CT, sorry to hear you didn't max out on Buzz. Perhaps if you had a few more rounds you would figure it out. Sadly, Buzz in MK was closed for refurbishing:(
    Looking forward to seeing those spectacular photos from the top of Notre Dame and of course, Barcelona.
    I think it's better I didn't hear about the missed train ride until after the fact. Just another experience you guys were able to handle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wondering...when do you have a break at NEU so we can go back to DW to check out the updated Buzz?

    ReplyDelete
  3. CT, when you write I feel like have shared the same experience. Of course, food-wise, I’d really would like it first-hand for sure.

    Sounds like you did a lot of interesting walking in Paris. Seems like it had to be many miles.

    Disney Paris sounds like it was an interesting adventure. I can imagine how Buzz must have been somewhat frustrating for you in that you did not get a perfect score much less 2 on the same trip like I witnessed at the “Home Ship” in Orlando. I did not embarrass myself with a poor score in Orlando as lo and behold Buzz was under some type of renovation. You will most likely have to figure it out once again the next time you get there.

    Look forward to hearing how Barcelona was too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, did Mickey speak French?

    Also, is it smaller than MK?

    Also, was Buzz Lightyear different in scenery, color, placement, track, or everything?

    Also, did they have Hall of Presidents or Hall of Despots?

    ReplyDelete